Berlin, Hamburg, Dortmund, Germany
As a Zalando front-end engineer, you will design, build and implement web applications that millions of people will use and enjoy. Whether junior- or senior-level, you will use cutting-edge technologies to create high-performance applications that scale. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we work. And you will have the freedom to launch your own open source projects, contribute to others’ projects, build internal community around your interests, and strengthen your personal brand--while receiving meaningful support at every step.
What we are looking for
- A degree in Computer Science and/or at least one year of programming experience
- Deep knowledge of modern front-end frameworks, build tools and test tools
- Familiarity with RESTful web services and cloud platforms such as Docker and AWS
- A collaborative mindset—you love sharing knowledge and the spotlight
- English language fluency
- For senior-level: Experience leading projects, mentoring others and creating interactive prototypes
- Build new web applications related to our many customer-facing initiatives and maintain existing applications
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
- Use agile methodologies
- Think big-picture: Constantly evaluate our work and processes and challenge us
- Recommend new libraries, frameworks, processes and other tools and help us to implement the best ones
- Be accountable for the applications you create—from design and development to testing and maintenance.
What you can expect from us
- A one-month mentoring program
- Internal tech talks, skills-building courses and technical “People Leads” who help you achieve mastery
- Personal branding support: From preparing talks and blog posts to networking with industry leaders
- Community: hack weeks, movie nights, coder dojos, +70 self-organized tech guilds and more
- Competitive salary
- 40% Zalando shopping discount and commuter discount
- Relocation assistance for internationals.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to our +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies. We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Diana Caamano Serna for the German locations and recruiter William Scharf for Helsinki location.